What is Research impact?
Researchers may need to establish the impact or influence of their research. This impact may include academic influence, as well as economic or societal impact on the community.
This guide describes the different ways you can:
- Assess the impact of your research
- Select a journal in which to publish your research
- Increase your research readership, citation count and influence
Consider establishing a Researcher Profile to promote your research and explore opportunities for collaboration
Research impact report
Researchers submitting grant funding applications and/or seeking academic promotion may request a research impact report from the Library. The report prepared by faculty liaison staff collates information about a researcher and the impact of their research, including:
- updated researcher profiles, e.g. ORCiD, Scopus AuthorID, Google Scholar
- author metrics
- publication metrics from relevant sources
- publication, exhibitions and performance reviews
- Australian & international library holdings of publications
- media reports & interviews
- Government publication details