There are a number of ways to add records and attach files to records in an EndNote library:
- Downloading selected records from Primo Search, or another Library database, e.g. EBSCO, ProQuest, Scopus
- Importing a PDF file or folder of PDF files
- Manually entering a record for a document
- Dragging and dropping records from another EndNote library - will also add PDF files attached to the original record
- Export and then import records from another EndNote library
Records downloaded or imported from an external source should ALWAYS be checked to ensure they are accurate, complete and have data in the correct fields, i.e. text case; syntax; missing data such as DOIs, page numbers.