This guide will help postgraduate students, higher degree research (HDR) candidates and research staff understand the process of conducting and writing a literature review.
It will explain and discuss:
- the different types of literature reviews;
- how and where to search for literature;
- evaluation of sources and critical appraisal of literature;
- how to manage and analyse your literature
Links to additional resources will be provided for more detailed information.
This guide is not intended for undergraduate students completing assignment tasks. Generally, the literature review required for undergraduate study will not be as comprehensive as the literature review required by researchers and PhD candidates conducting original research.
CSU Thesis guidelines, policies and resources
- Your Thesis - outlines the nature of a thesis and provides a thesis plan and overview ot the thesis.
- Literature Review Guidelines by the Office of Research Services and Graduate Studies
- Higher degree by research policy - is the policy set down by CSU and contains important information that all candidates should read.
- Schedule 3 - Requirements for Thesis in the Higher Degree by Research Policy
- Bachelor (Honours) policy - CSU policy
HDR help and support services
Office of Research Services and Graduate Studies is the central point of contact for researchers, research students and supervisors