Academic writing support
CSU also has other services which can help you to get the best possible results for your work:
- Writing at Uni - These guides include essay, case study and report writing skills.
- Academic Literacy, Learning and Numeracy (ALLaN) support - ALLaN advisers can help you understand and prepare for your assignments.
- The Study Success Forum is an ideal place to post those vexing questions about assignment writing techniques. Find it in Interact2 > Study Success > Discussion.
- Why not attend an ALLaN workshop online to enhance or refresh your academic writing skills.
- Or, make an appointment with an ALLaN adviser for personal help seven days a week.
The Referencing at CSU webpage has lots of helpful information about referencing.
The main referencing style at CSU is APA 6th, though this is not the only style used at CSU and you should check with your lecturer if you are unsure.
For help with using APA 6th you can use the:
EndNote is a bibliographic software provided to you for free from CSU Library. It can:
- Record and manage the details of journals and books you have found in your research;
- Store and manage PDF copies of articles you download, or link to them in the journal databases; and
- Allow you to annotate and add notes to PDFs.
Go to the EndNote Library Resource Guide for more information about how to download and use EndNote.
Use this simple test to check if your resources are appropriate and relevant for use in your assessments.