Before you import, decide if you want to start a new project or use an existing one. We recommend that you have separate projects for your literature analysis and your own research data.
- Import the saved XML file. You need to click on Data and then From Other Sources.
- Find and select your XML file and then click open.
- Now you need to decide:
- How you want to name your sources. You can either save them by Title or by Author and Year.
- Choose if you want all your references in one classification table or separate tables for each type of reference; e.g. books, thesis, journals ... We will recommend you use a single classification.
- You also need to select which NVivo folders your references should be imported to.
- Select Import source content from file attachments, URLs or figures.
- Select Create memos from abstracts, keywords and notes.