An interactive multimedia resource with 3D images and interactive models. The images illustrate function, biomechanics, and surgical procedures. Includes the Clinical Specialty modules Dentistry, Real-Time Dentistry, and Dental Hygiene.
Anatomy.TV (Primal Pictures) combines all the Primal Pictures material that CSU users previously accessed in different packages, including what was previously available as Primal Pictures Anatomy & Physiology Online, and including Primal Pictures Dentistry (see Clinical Specialties, below).
This is an interactive resource that provides a multimedia overview of human anatomy. It features three-dimensional animations that illustrate function, biomechanics, and surgical procedures. These animations and models include coverage of more than 6500 structures. They show different layers of anatomical regions, rotate those regions 360 degrees, and provide textual information about each structure. The models are supplemented by clinical videos, pathology slides, and MRI scans. The resource includes quizzes and a study guide.
The content is presented in a series of modules and sub-modules:
* 3D Atlas: head and neck; spine; shoulder and arm; forearm and hand; thorax and abdomen; pelvis; hip; knee; leg, ankle and foot.
* 3D Real-Time: head and neck; spine; shoulder and arm; forearm, wrist and hand; thorax; abdomen; female pelvis; male pelvis; hip and thigh; knee; leg, ankle and foot; whole body.
* Functional anatomy: functional anatomy; sports injuries of the shoulder; sports injuries of the knee; sports injuries of the foot; exercise; Pilates; yoga; resistance training.
* Anatomy & Physiology: body plan and organisation; skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, urinary, nervous, lymphatic, respiratory, reproductive, integumentary, endocrine, and digestive systems; blood; metabolism; chemistry; cell biology; fluid, electrolyte & acid-base balance; histology; special senses; development and inheritance.
* Imaging: ultrasound - lower limb; ultrasound - upper limb; CT and MRI - thorax, abdomen and pelvis.
* Clinical specialities: audiology; otolaryngology; dentistry; dental hygiene; real-time dentistry; speech-language pathology; head and neck - paediatric comparisons; head and neck - basic neuroanatomy; pelvic floor disorders; chiropractic; urology.
* Therapy: acupuncture; anatomy trains; hand therapy; massage and manual therapies.
* Quizzes and activities.
Depending on the specific module, you can:
- Demonstrate muscle function in 3D with interactive animations that show the interaction of muscles, ligaments, and bones;
- Peel away layers, rotate anatomical models 360 degrees, and reconstruct layers back to their original structure;
- Compare 3D images to MRI slices to aid in diagnosis and management of injuries with correlating scans;
- Review clinical videos to gain a better understanding of procedures and treatments;
- Export images, text, movies, and animations to use in presentations and handouts;
- Link between images, animations, movie clips, slides, and accompanying textual descriptions.
According to Anatomy.TV, "All our movies/animations can be played with either Windows Media player or Quicktime player" and "To view this site correctly the recommended screen settings are 1152 x 864 and minimum screen settings are 1024 x 768".