Thesis or dissertation?
The University distinguishes between a thesis and a dissertation. The CSU Faculty of Science, Information for honours students booklet, p. 8 states that:
A thesis is a written document resulting from research that comprises more than fifty percent of a study program and is, hence, the principal basis of assessment for award. If less than fifty percent of a study program is based on research, the resultant document is referred to as a dissertation. .... the University officially refers to all Honours research documents as 'dissertations', irrespective of the research or assessment components they represent....
Finding a CSU thesis
CSU theses are held by the Library. Electronic copies of theses from 2009 onwards are available in the CSU Research Output (CRO) repository as PDFs.
CSU theses can be found by doing an Advanced Primo Search:
- Ensure the first instance of Any field is Charles Sturt University and the Material Type is set to Theses
- Enter other search criteria into the fields as required.
Print theses held at another CSU campus library, can be requested for use in the library.
Finding International Theses
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global database
Doctoral and Masters theses abstracts from US, European, British, and Irish graduate schools and universities, plus many available in full-text
- British Library Electronic Digital Thesis Online Service (EThOS)
Theses and dissertations produced by UK Higher Education Institutes
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)
Provides links to theses databases sorted by country
- Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN)
Theses and dissertations from more than 130 institutions. TREN includes conference papers from several academic societies.
- Theses Canada
Theses and dissertations from Canadian higher education institutions.
- DART-Europe: e-thesis portal
Searchable database of research theses held in European repositories with links to at least one electronic copy of every thesis it lists.
- Hong Kong: Dissertations and Theses Collections (DTC)
Online union collection of Hong Kong and Macau postgraduate students' doctoral and master dissertations and theses.