An ORCiD profile allows you to:
- create a unique id
- add specific details to personalise your information such as country, and keywords about your research
- create links to your websites or websites that showcase your work
- add links to your Scopus Author ID and your Web of Science Researcher ID
- add details to your bibliography
- detail your education information
- detail your employment information
- detail your publications
All this information is available in one easy to access location.
Scopus Author ID
Scopus Author ID allows information to be analyzed.
Author IDs are created when you publish in any Scopus journals.
Web of Science ReasearcherID
Web of Science publications can be grouped together using a unique identifier, the ResearcherID.
Allowing you to create a list of publications
This data can also be analyzed.
Google Scholar Profile Auto Updates Feature
When using Google Scholar profiles, be wary of using the Auto Updates option. Use the "Don't automatically update..." option so that e-mail alerts are sent to you to give you the ability to review the publications before adding them to your profile.