Go to the EndNote X7 Library Guide for more information about how to download and use EndNote X7.
Endnote is a bibliographic software provided to you for free from the CSU Library. It can:
- Record and manage the details of journals and books you have found in your research.
- Store and manage pdf copies of articles you download, or link to them in the journal databases.
- Allow you to annotate and add notes to pdfs.
Before installing EndNote X7, please ensure you have uninstalled previous versions, e.g. X6, or demo copy [30-day trial] of EndNote from your computer.
CSU managed computers
EndNote X7 should be installed on CSU managed computers using the Install Software (Windows) or Self Service (Mac) applications. This process will automatically uninstall previous versions of EndNote from your computer.
- Close all other applications, including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and any earlier versions of EndNote.
- Click on the Install Software (Windows) icon on your desktop, select the Self Service (Mac) application.
- Select EndNote X7 from the list of programs and click on Run.
Recent versions of EndNote enable users to share part, or all of a library with colleagues. Sharing full-text content with others may breach copyright or license conditions. Staff and students sharing an EndNote library via EndNote Online with non-CSU users should not attach full-text copyright content to records in the shared library, e.g. full text journal articles, book chapters from the CSU Library collection.
Use the Library Skills drop down menu above to go to the next topic.