What's happening in Copyright in Australia?
Following recommendations from ALRC's (Australian Law Reform Commission) enquiry into copyright and the digital economy, the Australian government released an exposure draft of the Copyright Amendment (Disability Access and Other Measures) Bill 2016. This Bill implements changes proposed as part of Australia’s ratification of the Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to Published Works by Visually Impaired Persons and Persons with Print Disabilities, as well as a number of other exception-focused changes the government has been contemplating.
Other Australian Copyright resources
- Australian Copyright Act 1968
- Copyright Agency - rights management organisation & copyright licence collecting society
- IP Australia - Intellectual Property Australia
- Screenrights - broadcast license collecting society
- APRA AMCOS - Australasian Performing Rights Association / Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society
- PPCA - Phonographic Performance Company of Australia
- Smartcopying - the official guide to copyright issues for Australian Schools and TAFE
- Department of Communication and the Arts- Copyright Information